I Am Resigning My Appointment From Amotekun - Commandant Ogunyemi Johnson

The former Amotekun Commandant of Gboyin local government Chief Ogunyemi Johnson Akin has stated that he is is resigning his appointment following his unresolved issue with the state  Amotekun corps.

In a letter dated 9th of June 2022, Chief Ogunyemi directed to Ekiti state governor Dr. Kayode Fayemi and the Board of Western Security Network (Amotekun) and copied to Ekiti state House of Assembly and the state commandant of Amotekun and which a copy was made available to Journalists in Ado Ekiti.

Chief Ogunyemi said his resignation is based on the fact that he wants his good name to be intact.

Part of the letter read inter alia:

"I am tendering resignation of my Appointment because I want to write my name in gold, and in the book of reckoning because of the shady and unpatriotic attitudes of some men and leaders of the corps which I have earlier reported to you sir.

But to my surprise,  since about 9 months ago that i have reported the matter to your Excellency, and also to the Chairman,

The Western Nigeria Security Network(AMOTEKUN), in my letter dated October, 25/20121, and up till now, to my surprise your Excellency, nothing has been done since then.

The Gbonyin former commandant whi said he remained a member of Amotekun till 8th of June 2022 maintained that he is ready to hand over the properties of the corps in his custody.

"I will therefore go and submit their properties, which  includes: my identity card belonging the Amotekun and my their uniform immediately at appropriate time since I have now resigned my Appointment."

Chief Akin said his action is premised on the fact that he wants his name to be cleared of any wrong doings in the future.

"Therefore, for future sake, I am stating this fact, to let the public know that I served diligently during my service as Local Government Commandant of Amotekun in Ekiti State, and I was never found wanting, I was never sacked nor dismissed from Service but, I voluntarily resigned my Appointment from the Service to save my name" he concluded.

Comments